Great part-time career changing lives …
Our next First-aid instructor course starts Aug/Sep 21.
We currently need trainers for Central and downtown Toronto, Richmond Hill, and Mississauga areas. (both daytime and evening trainers )
As we begin our 40th year, we welcome dynamic individuals to lead our first aid workshops across the GTA.
Earn up to $ 26/hour as a part-time Teaching Consultant.
This unique position is ideal for healthcare educators, semi -retired professionals, firefighters, childcare providers, and outgoing individuals with group teaching experience.
If you have great people skills, a keen interest in first-aid, and willing to drive around the city on a flexible schedule, this could be an ideal PART-TIME position.
Our trainers work on a flexible, part-time schedule, teaching both corporate daytime classes, generally 8:30 to 4:30pm., evenings, 6 to 930 pm., and some weekends. Some of our outstanding trainers have been with us over 20 years, and love the positive experience leading life-saving training seminars to people from all walks of life in a fun and focus workshop format.
Note: THIS IS NOT FULL TIME/ SHORT TERM EMPLOYMENT.
If you can answer YES to the following questions, you may have found a rewarding new part-time career.
1. Enjoy public speaking leading workshops for 10 or more students, and want a part-time flexible long term career. Must have completed the Standard Level first-aid/CPR certification within the past 2 years. We can train you if your certification has expired.
2. Speak fluent English , organized, well groomed, and able to get on the floor to demonstrate first aid skills. Enjoy driving to various clients in different locations. Yes, you must have a vehicle.
3. Workshops change week to week and our teaching team like the flexible schedule. Again, its ideal that you live in the city to reduce the challenge of rush hour traffic to our clients across the GTA.
4. You must complete our Instructor certification course to teach our seminars as an independent training consultant. This takes about 30 hours combining in class and home study lesson review.
Invest in a New Part Time Career
There is a fee to become a professional trainer, as required by all approved first-aid training agencies. This is a small investment for a new PART-TIME career as an independent teaching contractor. We begin paying you while in training so you are recouping your investment. The one time TRAINER COURSE fee includes all training materials, training mannequins on loan, certification and supplies for your seminars. This is tax deductible , and we only hire those that will teach for us exclusively .
How do we Train you? 3 Stages
1. Study online course lessons, combined with weekly in class skills sessions (5-6 hours per week) to learn the content and delivery method of our seminars.
2. Study videos at home preparing lessons to teach .(2-4 hours/week)
3. Shadow assignments where you present and are paid to teach different lessons to clients with a senior trainer as a mentor. (3 to 6 hours per session. )
The new trainer course normally requires about 4 weeks part-time to complete combined with our online lessons/videos.
IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED IN THIS PART-TIME CAREER PLEASE
Email resume, what part of the city you live in, day and evening hour availability, first-aid and teaching experience to:
Thank you for your interest.